Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The desire to create is firmly rooted in the fertile soil of the human soul. The process of creation is one that brings immense satisfaction. To invest one's soul in the creation of something beautiful, to step back and say within oneself, "I have created beauty in a place where there once was banality." - these are singular and vivid experiences.

I observe the world around me and sadly remark that the excessive accumulation of goods, the over-consumption of food and the relentless binging on entertainment has silenced many of the creative voices that lie within people.

I am on a journey to find a career that can harness my desire to create. My journey has led me to discover classical figurative sculpting - a creative process that has truly captivated me. My dream is to leave the safety of my fairly ordinary day job and take the leap into the world of professional sculpting.

Since I embarked on this path, the regular battle in my mind has been one between the arch enemies of Doubt and Hope. I made this blog to create an outlet for my affirmation of faith in myself.

1 comment:

  1. I have faith that someday, you will be fulfilling your dreams!

    ReplyDelete